SEE IF YOU QUALIFY, GET RESPONSE IN 72 HOURS
No Win No Fee!
Our team of experts will review your matter to advise whether we can offer you ‘no win no fee’. If you wish to be considered please enquire now.
Complaints Handling Policy
Customer service is fundamental to everything we do
We know that engaging with the legal system can be daunting, and we strive to make the process as easy for you as possible. We always hope that your experience with Kalra Legal Group is a good one, but we understand that sometimes things don’t always go the way you would like. This document outlines our policy for dealing with customer issues and handling service complaints. We are committed to making this process as fair and transparent as possible in order to provide you with a satisfactory resolution.
At the start of your case
At the outset of the case you will be given the name, address and telephone number of the person who will be dealing with your case. Should you find any aspect of our service, including your bill unsatisfactory, we would like to hear from you. Please either telephone or write directly to Anita Kalra. Please be aware that we would not normally accept a complaint outside a six (6) month period from completion of your matter or from when the issue which gave rise to the complaint occurred.
Initial Complaint Handling
- If you phone, we will endeavour to resolve the issue during that call.
- If you write to us, or we have not been able to deal satisfactorily with your issue/complaint on the telephone, we will send you an acknowledgement letter within five (5) working days of receiving your complaint.
- Your issue/complaint will be investigated by Anita Kalra who will examine your file and may discuss the matter with the member of staff who acted for you.
- Anita Kalra will contact you to ensure the issues you have raised are properly understood.
- Anita Kalra will then review your concerns and send you her response to your issue/ complaint within eight (8) weeks of the issue of our letter of acknowledgement with her findings and suggestions for resolving the matter.
- If you would prefer to discuss any of your concerns with Anita Kalra:
- by phone on: 0330 221 0684
- by email at: [email protected], or
- by post at: Client Services, Kalra Legal Group, Clyde House, Reform Road, Maidenhead,
Berkshire, SL6 8BY
Referral to the Legal Ombudsman
In the unfortunate event that we have not been able to resolve your concerns, including billing issues, within an eight (8) week period, you may contact the Legal Ombudsman:
- by email at: [email protected]
- by phone on: 03005550333 , or
- by post at: Legal Ombudsman, PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ.
You must take your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman within six months of receiving a final response to your complaint from us. From 1 April 2023, the Legal Ombudsman also expects complaints to be made to them within 1 year of the date of the act or omission about which you are concerned (prior to 1 April 2023: 6 years) or within 1 year of you realising there was a concern (prior to 1 April 2023: 3 years).
If the legal ombudsman thinks your case involves a breach of the SRA principles, they will refer your case to the Solicitors Regulations Authority. However, you are also entitled to take this step directly if you are unsatisfied with the outcome of the firm’s investigation or the Legal Ombudsman determination. Please note that you will need to complete a report form located on the SRA website and send it via post or email at the following: – Solicitors Regulation Authority, The Cube, 199 Wharfside Street, Birmingham, B1 1RN or email: [email protected]. You can also visit the SRA page for any further information: Report a Solicitor